Live Presentations in the Greater Las Vegas, Nevada Area
Earn 12 CE’s ~ Two day workshop completes your Gottman Level 1 Certification Training.
Level I: Bridging the Couple Chasm
Gottman Couples Therapy Training - A New Research-Based Approach!
2 Day Training ~ 12 CE Hours* for Psychologists, LCSW’s, and MFT’s
Workshop Outline and Objectives.. Who Should Attend
8:30 am - 8:50 am: Registration Check-In
9:00 am - 5:00 pm: Workshop
(Lunch on your own, 1.5hr)
- What is different about Gottman Method Couples Therapy
- What is dysfunctional about relationships when they are ailing
- The “Masters” and Disasters” of relationships: Exploding some common myths
- Negative and positive sentiment overrides
- Friendship, Intimacy, Positive Affect System
- The Shared Meaning System
- The Sound Relationship House Theory
The Assessment Sessions
Session 1 - Assessing the Couple Together
- Couple’s Narrative
- Oral History Interview
- Videotape: A 10 minute Conflict Interaction
- Ending Session 1 - Preparing Couple for Individual Sessions - No secrets
- Assessment: Written Questionnaires
Session 2 - Individual Sessions
Session 3 - The Therapeutic Contract: Discussing and Deciding about Goals.Summary of Strengths and Areas that Need Improvement.Assessment and film.
Day One Conclusion - Q and A
9:00am - 5:00 pm: Workshop
(Lunch on your own 1.5hr.)
Introduction to Intervention
- Assumptions of the Therapy
- Overview of the Therapy
- Goals of the Therapy
- Rapoport Intervention and film
- Ending the Four Horsemen and film
- Dreams Within Conflict and film
- Building the Basic Skills (Softened Start-up, Accepting Influence, Repair and De-escalation, Physiological Soothing, Compromise)
- Aftermath of a Fight and film
Building Friendship and Shared Meaning
- Build Love Maps and film
- Turn Towards: The Stress-Reducing Conversation and film
- Build Rituals of Connection and film
- Create Shared Meaning and film
Process of the Therapy
- Structure of a Typical Session
- What the Therapist Can Say
- The Domino Theory of Emotion
- What’s Next: Additional Training
- Workshop Conclusion - Q and A
Participants will be able to:
- Summarize the research that allows prediction of future relationship stability with 94% accuracy
- Describe the seven levels of the Sound Relationship House theory
- Conduct a couple's therapy assessment using elements of the couple's narrative, the Oral HistoryInterview, written questionnaires, observations of conflict, and individual interviews
- Describe two interventions for each: to help strengthen a couple's management of conflict; to enhance a couple's friendship system; and to explore a couple's system of shared meaning.
Participants working in the following fields will benefit from our training:
- Mental health providers
- Allied professionals and clergy
- Students and interns
- Family clinic staff
- Professors/teachers of couples therapy
- Researchers in the social sciences
- Employee assistance professionals
*Note: For More Info on Continuing Education Credits -
*CE Credits - CE’s - See Registration Page
Learn More about the Gottman Level 2 Training
Learn more about your presenters - Click Here
*** Discounts are available for registering for both Level 1 and Level 2 trainings, all 3 trainings, and for groups of 3 or more. See registration page for more info or call Scott at (702) 757-7393.
Go to Level 1 Registration Information Page - Click Here
You'll Learn The Gottman Method...
Integrate research-based methods to maximize your competence and inspire transformation.
Receive a 300-page Clinical Manual featuring new relationship assessment questionnaires and clinical interventions - a $150 value.
See on film Dr. Julie Gottman use all of the main interventions with a real couple.
Receive a certificate of completion from the Gottman Institute.
For those interested in pursuing Gottman certification, this 2-day workshop fulfills the Level 1 requirement.
Seating is Limited!
Register for Level 1 & 2 - Save $100!"
Register for All 3 Trainings - Save $150!